Bravo Instant Export was created to fill a need in companies where they need to track quotes separately from sales orders in Adagio. Bravo Instant Export gives them the abillity to create a new Adagio Order Entry database for quote entry and tracking only and then be able to easily move the quotes to the live Adagio O/E database for full processing. As a menu installed add-on, it is conveniently accessed.
offers a unique order numbering feature that has three optional numbering methods.
One - to permit the user to keep the quote document number and pass it to the
accounting system; two – allow the user to enter an order number to be used;
three – to use the next sequential order number in Adagio OE.
1. Save the "BravoIE.exe" into the Softrak program folder \Softrak\OEWin
2. From the Windows Explorer or My Computer run this program by double-clicking on it.
3. The Bravo Instant Export program attaches a menu choice to the ADAGIO OE menu and displays a message once this is complete.
4. After the install message is complete, restart ADAGIO OE and then click on the dropdown menu ADAGIO found at the very top of the Adagio Window. You will find a new menu item for the Bravo Instant Export program. Click on it.
5. Before doing any exports, click on the FILE/ SETTINGS dropdown menu found at the top of the Bravo IE window. It will display a settings form where some options can be configured.
6. Target Folder - You must set the path to a folder where the Bravo IE program wil create a file IEOrdExport.txt that will contain all exported orders. It is to this path, that you will set the ADAGIO Order Import to read this file from.
7. Order Number Options - You can choose to have the Bravo IE program automatically have the next OE Order number used on import or allow the user to change the order number that will be used for this order in ADAGIO.
8. Option - Prompt to confirm - Depending on the options chosen, you may want to have the program display some basic information about the order just selected for export so that a final decision can be made before it is exported.
1. Go to the Adagio OE Order Import form using the FILES and IMPORTS dropdown menu.
2. First choose the default format 6 from the dropdown choice box.
3. Click on “Delete Import File on success”
4. Click on “validate before importing”
5. Set the file name and path to indicate the same folder that was entered into the Bravo Instant Export Settings form. Enter the file “IEOrdExport.txt”
6. Now click on the Import Field Selection tab and we want to enter 2 new fields to this import. They are the Instruction line and the description.
First click on the “DET – Instruction Header “ in the left box. Then click on the single right pointing arrow to move it to the right side. Ensure that the new option is at the bottom of the box. Then click on the “Det – Instruction text” and then click on the right arrow to move it to the right box.
7. We also have to change several field values for the import to be compatible with the file that Bravo Instant Export creates.
To make the field change from Number to String to the following :
Click on the right box and find “Det – Misc Charge Amount”
On the left side is a box TYPE and it defaults to Number. Change this to String by clicking on the dropdown select box.
Do this same change for
This new format that was just saved is used whenever you are ready to import the new orders created by Bravo Instant Export
1. Run the Adagio OE that has the orders to be exported.
2. Click on the ADAGIO menu at the top of the Adagio OE form to run the Bravo Instant Export program.
3. You can find the order in the Order Entry program first and copy/paste the number in to the Bravo IE order number screen
OR Simply enter the order number to be exported in the Bravo Instant Export form and click Export.
4. The Bravo IE program will display messages depending on the options set in the “Settings” form. The order selected for export will be written to the ascii file described above at the path indicated in the status bar. The program will continue to append any new orders to the file.
5. When you are done exporting orders, start the Adagio OE database that you want to move the orders to. Go to the Order Import form, then select the Template “Bravo Instant Export Template” that was defined. Then click Import.
6. The orders will now be in Order Entry for you to process as normal.
Enjoy the program.
Thank you for choosing a Bravo Software Group program.